Thorough process knowledge combined with superior chemical engineering skills,
benchmarking data and modern modeling tools are the prerequisites for successful
improvements whether in the areas of environmental, energy conservation, production
increase or cost reduction. Knowledge of the newest proven process technologies and
equipment as well as an unbiased view are necessary in optimizing the existing
operations or planning new facilities. EKONO's typical process engineering
- Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies that typically include establishment of current mill balances, identification and evaluation of improvement alternatives, estimation of operating and capital costs, and development of the implementation schedule.
- Process design services in large feasibility studies and detail design projects,
with the balance of the tasks typically provided by companies specializing in detail design.
- Audits, in which the key objective is to quickly assess a mill's situation and provide improvement recommendations in operating
costs, chemical and energy use or reduction of environmental discharges.
- Mill Debottlenecking Studies, which are typically feasibility level evaluations to determine options to increase the plant production
in the most cost-effective way (view
- Energy and Environmental Studies, which are good examples of projects in which economic,
productivity, product quality, environmental, and energy performance
must be simultaneously optimized.
Other process engineering services provided by EKONO include process troubleshooting, studies of pulping byproducts and
engineering project references
Read more about our process engineering
services (pdf file)